A. Protect public property - Roads, bridges, water & sewer plants, etc. Barricade roads,
clear roads of debris, etc.
B. Assistance to private persons & property.
1. Provide life saving measures:
- alert & notification through CodeRed, media, NOAA weather radio and other means.
- coordinate emergency rescue of persons where necessary (emergency crews will not be asked to
rescue livestock and pets).
- coordinate recovery
2. Alert Red Cross for immediate sheltering needs, if necessary.
3. Provide sandbags for sale, subject to availability.
C. Activate Emergency Operations
Center as necessary to coordinate activities.
D. Declare emergency or
disaster, as necessary. Levy 2 emergency mills, if
E. Request State to have
a Natural Disaster Determination by Secretary of Agriculture
(emergency low interest loans, SBA assistance and tax consideration).
F. Provide damage assessment
assistance to state and
G. Provide assistance to
FEMA in opening Disaster Assistance Center(s) (DAC)
to provide assistance to individuals (primarily low interest loans,
temporary housing, etc.).
H. Provide for the recovery
activities of public property - restore roads, bridges,
I. Keep records to assure proper reimbursement from state and federal government.